Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dee Snider Calls Ted Nugent a Draft Dodger

Ted Nugent promotes a lot of conservative ideals, particularly gun rights. One rocker who sees that as a little bit hypocritical is Dee Snider of Twisted Sister:
"Ted's always been a gun-toting conservative. But what gets me is that he was actually a draft dodger! I mean, to the point where he didn't bathe for a week, and vomited on himself to deliberately avoid the draft. I totally understand why he did that, but all of these Republicans who love Ted don't seem to know or remember that too well. It's crazy that he's become one of the voices of Conservative America even though he was a draft dodger. If you don't believe me, Google it."
In 1977 Nugent gave an interview to High Times magazine. He described how he avoided the draft because he wanted to continue to play guitar instead of serve in the Army. Nugent said at the time:
"I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin’ and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin’ kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I’d drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up."
Later on Nugent, while speaking to UK's Independetn, claimed he made that story up. Snopes obtained a copy of Nugent's Selective Service Form. It includes student deferments, but also includes a 1-Y and 4-F classifications, which indicate that he did not pass a physical examination.

Snider and Nugent were at odds in 2012 when the Twisted Sister artist told VP candidate Paul Ryan to stop playing his music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment